AAR Japan (Association for Aid and Relief, Japan, after this referred to as "AAR") recognizes that the secure management of personal information is an important social responsibility as AAR collects and handles the information of many supporters who agree with and cooperate with its activities. AAR complies with the Personal Information Protection Law and other related regulations and guidelines. AAR’s board members, staff, and volunteers strive to protect the rights and interests of individuals in accordance with this basic policy.
Handling of personal information
1) Acquisition of personal information
When AAR acquires personal information, we announce or notify the purpose of use and acquire the information legally and fairly within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. Personal information acquired by AAR refers to personal information provided by supporters and personal information acquired by AAR through third parties.
2) Use of personal information
AAR uses personal information to provide assistance and support necessary for realizing the self-reliant and independent living of people in difficult situations around the world and conduct other activities as part of its international cooperation activities. AAR does not use personal information obtained without the consent of individuals who have provided it beyond the scope of the following purposes.
- Processing or settling payments for donations, membership fees, and charity goods.
- Preparing donation receipts, activity reports, accounting reports, requests for support, etc.
- Conducting questionnaires for the purpose of improving our operations, etc.
- Responding to inquiries from supporters
- Making actions as required by the provisions of laws and regulations, or notices and guidance from government authorities, etc.
- Other purposes of use announced or notified at the time of acquisition of personal information.
2. Management of personal information
1) Information security measures
In order to protect personal information, AAR takes reasonable and appropriate security measures against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information. In addition, AAR takes appropriate personnel security measures for directors, staff, and volunteers who handle personal information.
2) Management of contractors
The Association may provide personal information to subcontractors to the extent necessary to achieve the notified purpose of use. AAR requires the subcontractors to handle the personal information provided by AAR in an appropriate manner and manage it appropriately.
3. Providing personal information to a third party
AAR does not provide the personal information of supporters to third parties without the consent of the individual, except in cases permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and regulations. However, AAR may disclose or provide the information without the consent of the person who provided it when it is urgently necessary to protect human life or human rights or when cooperating with a request from a judicial body, the police, or other public institutions based on laws and regulations.
4. Response to inquiries
If you have any questions or concerns about handling personal information held by AAR or any other details, including complaints, please contact the following consultation desk.
Click here to contact us.